As part of the IEEE SmartGridComm 2017 technical programme, a limited number of high quality Special Sessions will offer insight into new or emerging topics of interest to the smart grid communications research community. Special Sessions will be intermixed with regular sessions during the conference and they will consist of 5 oral presentations.
The organizing committee welcomes special session proposals, which should contain the following information:
- A topical title for the special session and the names of the organizers;
- A description of why and how the session will be organized (200 words);
- The symposium where the special session proposal is submitted to;
- The titles, authors (plus affiliations), and short abstracts (100 words each) of 4 or 5 papers to be included in the special session;
- Brief biographies of the session organizer(s) and their contact information;
- Any other relevant information.
Deadline for special session proposal:
10 March 2017
- Notification of proposal acceptance: 14 March 2017
- Submission deadline for special session papers: 14 April 2017
- Final notification of session and papers acceptance: 7 July 2017
- Camera ready paper submission: 4 August 2017
- Author registration: 4 August 2017
To be published in the IEEE Smart Grid Communications Conference Proceedings and to be eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore®, an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the full or limited (member or non-member) rate and the paper must be presented by an author of that paper at the conference unless the TPC Co-Chairs grant permission for a substitute presenter.